MITTAL Dhatu is a part of 'MITTAL GROUP OF INDUSTRIES', a name which is today synonymous with METALLIC STEARATES in India. We are one of the oldest and largest producers and exporters of Metallic Stearates and Oxides in India. Established in 1976, The group has continuously adopted latest process technologies to strengthen it's position as the market leader in Metallic Stearates.
- 1976 - Established
- 1977 - Started production of metallic stearates - Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium and Ba:Cd stearate
- 1978 - Major customers - Ponds India Ltd, HLL, Wavin India Ltd, ONGC, IDPL, defence ordnance factories etc.
- 1982 - Metallic oxides (Zinc Oxide and Antimony Trioxide) added to the product portfolio. We were one of the first in the SSI sector, India, to manufacture these products
- 1988 - Drying technology upgraded from electric dryers to LDO fuel based air heaters
- 1990 - Grinding technology was upgraded from Pin Pulverizers to Hammer Classifying Mills
- 1992 - One of the first in India to bring Fusion technology into the production line for both Zinc and Calcium Stearate. Production capacity pumped up to 3600 TPA.
- 2002 - Technology sharing to companies in USA and Iran
- 2007 - Set up another plant for manufacturing Stearates in Emulsion/Dispersion form
- 2009 - Another first - SFD (Spin Flash Dryer) installed for automation of drying and grinding. Production capacity also raised to 6000 TPA
- 2010 - Breakthrough in metallic stearate production - Introduced a fully automatic Continuous high pressure Granule production plant. Highest production capacity in India achieved at 15600 TPA
- 2012 - Further incremental improvement in plant automation through installation of ACM (Air Classifying Mill) for controlled grinding
- 2014 - Product portfolio expanded to include Lubiflow (multi-functional processing aid) for polymers
- 2017 - Large scale Solar Plant Installation at the Factory site
- 2018 - Zinc salt of Fatty acid added to the product range